Wednesday, October 9, 2013

You can follow me on Strava: short review

As the title for this post states, you can follow me on Strava. Just search out Andrew Gates who is in Paradise and that is me. 

I use two apps when I ride. Why? Because they both mess up, quite often since I ride up in the mountains alot.  I use Endomondo and Strava.  I originally just used Endomondo when I started riding and I still use it becuase it has an array of activities which strava does not for example boxing, and skiing (though I don't ski).  Strava I just recently started using and I like it becauses of the segments.  Seeing where other people ride and watching myself climb the ranks (sometimes when I feel like pushing a little harder) keeps me coming back for more each ride. Thus it is one more thing to push me along. They cannot be directly compared to one another overall because they are just different.  But If i had to compare them for just the riding aspect I would have to say that I like Strava a bit more mostly because of the segments and also because the data seems more apparent (data that I like to see like elevation gain). Saying that they both offer different data so once again they cannot be compared directly.  I would recommend trying them both out. Or, if you are like me and want to make sure that your ride is recorded one way or another use them BOTH!  They are both free apps and if you want you can upgrade to get extra features for some money (I stick to the free versions becuase I have no money for apps or alot of other things for that matter which keeps apps way down on the list of things I am willing to spend money on).  The free apps provide plenty of info for an average rider like myself but like I said if you want to take it up a notch or have a few bucks to blow upgrading might be your cup of tea.  They both have websites, www.endomondo.com and www.strava.com, where you can learn more about them.  Find them in your app store and have some fun getting those endorphine pumped up.

No comments:

Post a Comment