Thursday, October 31, 2013

Must Be A Running Week

I'm pretty sure I said something about being able to change up the workout schedule and it seems that's what's going on.  Even though it's still been a muscle building week there's been more running than expected already.  I have the feeling that my trainer's (my 3 year old and 1 year old) like the running since it ends with a trip to the park, so I think we'll be doing more of it.  They like when I do squats too because I use them for weights. 

Tuesday we were at the gym and we used the bike trainer then worked out our quads, glutes, and hamstrings with some machines then ran for 30 minutes.  We also did a little upper body workout.  I always try to do 3 sets of whatever amount of reps (usually depends how I feel) when I'm lifting free weights, increasing weight with each set and decreasing reps (like i said reps can change the most being anywhere from 10-20).   

Wednesday it was more of a normal at home workout.  I did jumping jacks, squats, reverse lunges, and calf raises.  The whole workout was only 30 minutes, but you have to get in what you can.  I did 3 sets of each.  100 jumping jacks, 20 squats, 20 reverse lunges (each leg), and 50 calf raises.  I didn't lift the kids today but they joined in with the jumping jacks. Well... they kind of did jumping jacks.  The one year old still doesn't get off the ground so it was more of a bouncing going on and the  3 year old just jumps.  He can do jumping jacks, but it has to be his desire. 
Had some water inbetween circuits and when I was done then sat on the couch a bit.  I needed to stretch but I failed.  Stretching is important and I need to do more of it since the difference is extremely noticable. 

Thursday (today) I rounded up the young ones in the stroller and ran 5k then took a trip to the park where they probably ran a 5k.  

The goal here is to do something everyday.  So far 3 days in a row.  Hopefully I'll keep it up.  I am feeling bad about not being on my bike now for almost two and a half weeks but I have a feeling that's going to change with my coming weekend.

Here's a quick video on how to do reverse lunges.  I started doing reverse lunges since my brother told me that his physical trainer (while doing rehab-having torn his acl again) said reverse lunges are easier on your knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment