Friday, October 11, 2013

Riding Roundup

My brother and I set out on a ride yesterday.  We wanted do the Table Mountain course (from R.A.C.E. www.racechico.com) twice but that changed as we were getting towards the end of the first lap because of time restraints and wind!  The Table Mountain ride is awesome and will probably get it's own post sometime, but on this day we got to do some unexpected and unorthodox cattle herding.  As we turned onto Coal Canyon Road we look up the road and there are several vehicles and a man on horseback and about 60 or so cows with their calves.  As we approached one of the trucks my brother asked if we're ok to go through.  "Sure, if you can?" was his reply with a big smile.  So we road through the herd making sure not to get inbetween any calves and the mamas.
You can see Table Mountain
in the backround.
  It was smooth sailing, and about half way through all of the cattle desided to get to the right side of the road and let us pass (cows = good drivers - I wish more people would keep right while driving!).When we were almost through the herd the man on the horse yelled out, " Bet you didn't think you'd be doing this today." Surely not! Luckilyl I busted out my phone to snap a few pics. Unfortunately my phone takes lousy picutures.
Also, I was lucky that there were no bulls in the bunch since I wore red.  The story could have ended quite differently, but instead good memories were made again on my bike.

2 comments: