Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Date Day!!

So today was an abnormal workout day!  I got to workout/relax with my wife for about half of the day!  Maybe it sounds a bit odd but we went to the gym for our date.  My wife is lucky enough to be aquainted with the yoga director at this gym and she gave us some free day passes.  So we decided to use them finally.  We used the bike trainers, then worked out different muscles with the training machines, then ran for a half hour on the treadmills.  After all of this we got into the pool and finished off with the sauna. Quite nice.  We then went to the store together.  Going to the store without kids when you have young'ns is like sitting on the couch and watching TV for those who don't have kids.  We bought what we needed to make this

It's a grilled tofu sandwich.  My wife had something like this at a restaurant and wanted to go back as part of our date but I said that we could make it at home for a quarter of the price.  So we did. And it was good!  It is toasted basil garlic parmesan sourdough bread with basil pesto spread, cucumber, tomatoes, carrots, tofu marinated in nama shoyu sauce, jack cheese, caramelized red onion, and then after the pic we added some buffalo cheddar (which is a spicy hot cheese) since my wife said it needed some heat.  We had already picked up the kids from Uncle and Aunties house, who (Thank You, Thank You) watched the kids while we were out playing,  so the kids helped us eat the sandwiches.   Great Day with the one I love! We of course missed our kids so we were happy to pick them up and go home.  I think we're going to sing songs together when I'm done here.   I was going to add my thoughts on gyms here but I think I'll make a separate post later.  Hopefully this sandwich will inspire some good eats!  I bet it would be good with some cold cuts or grilled chicken too, whatever floats your boat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment