Monday, October 14, 2013

5K

Ran 5K today while pushing my two kids in our double wide stroller.  It is amazing what one season of cycling (or any constant activity) boosts your cardio.  I ran 5K for the first time last winter while training to start cycling and maybe do a sprint triathlon.  It was difficult and I did it on a treadmill.  Running long distances is not particularly unfamiliar to me but long distance for me is 2 miles.  As a kid I did track and field until I realized that just running does not float my boat.  After that I stuck to Basketball and Tennis where I did running as part of conditioning.  The 3 mile run had not been a part of my life until last year.  Hopefully it will become more and more a part of my life.  It really doesn't take that long.  I ran it in just under 30 min pushing the kids down and up a avg. 3% grade bike path and I didn't feel like I was pushing it.  The kids were good since they felt like I was going fast and the reward for being good was a trip to the park afterwards.  We'll see how much my time improves over the winter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment