Monday, October 28, 2013

Maxxis RE-FUSE 700x23c red

So I got my second tire that I'm going to use for training.  It is a Maxxis Re-Fuse.  My Bro. has them on his bike for training and their fairly cheap and I could get them in red so I went for it.  I only got one because I wanted to try out other tires too.  If you haven't checked out an ealier post on the box of the continental tire that is what I got a continental grand prix 4 season. I honestly wanted something with red walls but whatever (beggars can't be choosers).   The tire looks nice and is fairly thick.  I simply want fewer flats.  Both tires have gotten decent reviews but now i need to make a decision. Which one to put on the front and which one on the back?  If anyone want's to chime in and give an opinion feel free.  I've got a red tire and a black one.  I've got my own opinion and my wife has given me the opposite opinion and I haven't put either tire on yet so it's still up in the air.  

The packaging doesn't have the amazing women on it like the continental but I guess if you want to pay 20 bucks less for a tire you get less packaging and a tire made in Taiwan.  This says nothing of the quality which I'm guessing is just about the same.  We'll see which one gets a flat first.


On the back it shows that this might just be the tire for me that is that it is right there in the training area and... maybe someday for commuting.  I'm pretty sure it tips the scale as you can see it's not a stat their flaunting, but I'm not sure and I don't care because the heavier the better. It's for training right!?!


Here's a close-up on the tread just incase tread is the deciding factor for you when choosing a tire.  Haven't used it yet so I can't give my opinion and honestly don't think I'm experienced enough to notice that one tire is handling better than another.  I'm excited anyway. I love getting new stuff for my bike.  Now to make a decision. Which tire where?


1 comment: