Saturday, October 26, 2013

Training or... not

I haven't ridden my bike for over a week now, but... it is now time to get going again.  Half the battle I've found is having a plan.  The other half is following through with that plan.  I have actually been "grounded" from riding (atleast outside) by my wife until I fill out some documents to get a loan to buy house, at least start seriously looking.  I've found that any glitch in my workout reutine can throw me into a stupor as far as staying in-shape.  I want to ride but... I... just don't really want to because sleeping or a movie (while sunken into the couch pillows) sounds much more appealing.  So it is almost my work weekend and it is about time to pull myself from the dark and evil depths of training "vacation."  To do this I must have a plan.  I'd recommend planning out what you're going to do in almost any situation. It can only help.  As of right now my plan is a work in progress but I will share it as it may give some ideas.  I want a two week cycle.  One week will be mostly weight training and building muscle strength off my bike with maybe one outside ride and a couple rides on my trainer and on the other week I would like to do mostly riding maybe 3 outside rides and trainer rides almost everyday.  I've found that right now, at my level, that putting in time on my bike in anyform is the quickest way to make gains.  So hopefully in the coming week or two I'll be able to give a more detailed account of what kind of training I'm doing to maybe inspire anyone else out there.  And hopefully it will keep me accountable a bit.   
Rael road bike concept 2.0 that you can read more about here http://bicycledesign.net/2011/07/rael-road-bike-concept-2-0/
   

No comments:

Post a Comment