Saturday, January 5, 2019

RTAWW #5 - eat less, move more...drink more water

No picture or anything today. "Andrew, you're so boring." Me: Shrug my shoulders and say, "eh," which is to imply, "oh well, what do you do?" So, I did good today at the eat less. I can't say that it's anything new, but I did my normal 8 hr window of eating which often turns into a 6 or less hours like today.  But while I ate less today, I didn't move so much - unless you consider traveling 400 miles moving ;). Yes, I was trapped in a car most of the day which isn't the best situation for eating healthy food since I like thinks like popcorn to munch on to keep me awake or like that last time I made this same trip, my mom gave me a box of Dewar's peanut butter chews - so I had to eat them. All of them. Of course I ate them to keep myself awake. If you don't know what Dewar's peanut butter chews are, I'm sorry you haven't lived yet. They are good, and if you're ever in Bakersfield and you do the ice cream thing, then I would check out Dewar's (and Rosemary's - probably my favorite ice cream). I bet you can order a box of chews on their website. Anyway, moving on away from sweets. I wanted to say that I love water. Water is my weight loss "secret."  I truly believe that water is what allows me to eat less easily. I've noticed that if I'm not drinking enough water, then I'm eating more and that means that I'm likely gaining weight.  When I am drinking enough water, I've noticed that my appetite is curbed. I try to drink most of my water in the morning and then throughout the day and only a bit at night so I'm not getting up all night. The point is, that water made my long trip relatively easy because I had my camelbak bottle hanging out with me in the cup holder next to my seat. Water's good for other stuff to like staying alive - or lesser things like not getting headaches or keeping your body functioning properly so you don't get sick as easily. OK that's all, I didn't do too much today, but water is good and kept me feeling fine on our trip back to Bakersfield. So eat less, move more, and keep breathing, and drink water.  Tomorrow I weigh-in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment