Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Road to a Weight Weenie #2

So because someone was questioning my title from yesterday, I will inform the plebs ;) as to the meaning of the title. Our good friends at urbandictionary.com have this as a definition:
Road Bicycle enthusiast who becomes obsessed with subtracting weight from his bicycle at all costs, including overriding safety concerns and practicality. A Weight Weenie will always replace a 100 gram component with a 99 gram component regardless of all other factors, including cost, durability, and overall design and functionality. Materials that are commonly used in the pursuit of lightness include: aluminum, carbon fiber, composites, and titanium.
Your bike weighs only 8 pounds, you must be a total Weight Weenie !
The point is that I'm trying to be concerned with weight. The easiest way to have less weight while riding a bike is to lose weight of your body (it happens to be the cheapest way too!) so that's what I'm going for.  Maybe after I get a bit lighter myself, I'll concern myself with my future bikes. 
I spent most of my day in our car driving through California, so I can't say that my eating practices today were the best, but I stuck to my time frame of eating so I don't feel too bad. I'll probably only feel bad about it if I weigh in on Sunday more than I did this morning. I usually don't weigh myself but once a week, but I figured I should put an official weigh up, and this morning I was 181.6.  The plan is to weigh less than that on Sunday. Have a good night.  "Move More, Eat Less, and Keep Breathing!"

No comments:

Post a Comment