Monday, January 27, 2014

Sure in my Cycling Novicehood

  Yesterday my brother and I went for a ride and on this ride I was reassured that I am a beginner cyclist.  Luckily I'm able to laugh off these uncomfortable and pride crippling situations.  We had made it 20 miles or so through our ride when my brother noticed he had a flat tire.  I was behind him so I noticed he was slowing down.   I slowed down as well and as he got off his bike he said, "I've got a flat... and you're.... falling of your bike."  Yes it was true, I was falling off my bike.  What happened?  Well I almost always, no, always unclip my left foot and get off my bike to the left.  Here there was not and option for that since it meant going into the road and I'd pulled to the right of my brother.  I unclipped my right foot and took mental note that I had to get off my bike on the ride side but I think my body naturally leans left now and well I leaned left and timber.  Down I went.  My bro. broke my fall for the most part.  No blood or even torn skin on the road, just some pieces of my pride were left behind.  This hasn't happened to me in a very long time but it should definately keep me aware of how much of a begginer I really am.   Besides falling off my bike I was able to give my brother all that he needed to fix his flat since he wasn't with a saddle bag and I was.   We went on our way and as we went I got a few chuckles out of the way he said I was falling off my bike.   The moral of this story is to be prepared to stop getting off either side of your bike.  Here's a short video of some pro cyclist falls.  Most of which I'd never seen.  Even the pros fall just not like me.  But we do have the same attitude in common.  We get back up and spin on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment