Wednesday, February 5, 2014

That Person with all the KOMs on Strava in Your Region : Ian Boswell

On the way to the Paskenta Century Ride my brother says to me, "Hey you know that guy with all the KOMs on Strava?"  Yes, I see it every time I look at my stats after a ride. Ian Boswell. He continues, "Do you know who he is?" Nope. I do not. My Brother continues to tell me that Ian Boswell is on Team Sky! Yes that same Team Sky with the past two years winners of the Tour de France i.e. Bradley Wiggins and Chris Froome! I asked him how he found out and he said he was looking up stuff on the Paskenta Century Ride and while reading it mentioned Ian Boswell wouldn't be attending because he was in Europe training.  He recognized the name and did a search and quickly found outh that Ian Boswell was signed to Team Sky in 2013.  Pretty cool.  He also saw a tweet by Ian about big events going on in the U.S. which read:Ian Boswell@theboz91 Feb 1
It's a big sporting day back in the USA today, Paskenta Century and some Superb Owl game. Let freedom ring and Budweiser flow!

(If you want a bit of a laugh about the Superb Owl game check out this link to the Colbert Report http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/432521/january-27-2014/superb-owl-xlviii )

Check out who's at the top of your Strava lists. Maybe you'll find a local rider gone pro.  Anyway, now I'll have a rider to follow this coming season.  Don't know if he'll be in the Tour de France or Giro d'italia but it will probably get me to follow some of the lesser known races.  I may have just become a Team Sky fan.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment