Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Excitement in the mail : Cycling License


I put in for two licenses at once.  It was time for me to renew my driver's license and I decided to go the distance and get a cycling license so I can race this year.  After filling in all forms and sending what had to be sent in the mail, this meant waiting at the mailbox for several weeks.  The big question was which would come first.  After waiting two weeks which one came first?  The cycling license!  It's only a piece of paper that you must tear out from a larger peice of paper, but it was definately more exciting than getting my new drivers license in the mail.  And... the cycling license came with a sticker. 
The sticker which comes with the license is pretty large I'd say about 4x7 inches or so.
I usually don't care for stickers but I have a binder for school that was waiting to be stickered.  It came with something else too but I was so excited to get the license that I kind of passed over the rest of what was in the envelope.  Here's a picture of someones license.  My looks exactly the same and after looking at the pictures online it appears that from year to year the only thing that changes is the color of the strip and year. 
Someones 2014 cycling license
Here it is blue and on previous years it was red, green, white, etc.  I think I was expecting it to be slightly more sturdy but i guess it doesn't have to be since you have to get a new one every year.     Now that I have my cycling license I can race without getting a day pass everytime I race (even though I've never done an official race).  That will hopefully change this year since I've made the goal to make getting the license worth it by entering a number of races. The new driver's license came in the mail a week later.  The conclusion here is that the US Cycling organization is better than the California Gov. 
No this is not me.  It's Ima Cardholder ;)
The drivers license it a better looking document.  I guess the US cycling organization isn't worried about people making fake racing licenses like the gov.  So if you want a nice piece of mail get a cycling license.


No comments:

Post a Comment