Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Best Ride is with the One You Love!

I did two rides today one was a joy ride and the other was a semi-joy ride.  The better of the two was the straight joy ride.  Why was it so nice?  Because my wife went with me!  It actually came as a bit of a shock.  She's a bit scared to ride her bike but today when I woke up she said she wanted to go with me!  So i picked out an easy route and encouraged her along the way.  She does great, it's just not habitual for her yet to get in and out of the clipless pedals.  We went down the bike path then did a few laps around a block and were able to chat a little and then we headed back towards our home.  We spotted Gaba (my wife's mom who's visiting from Russia - Gaba is actually a name my oldest son came up with. It's a mix of Galya which is her name and babooshka which is the Russian word for Grandma - hence Gaba) walking with our kids, so we rode on up to them.  I must admit I was all smiles the whole way.  I love riding, and the weather was great, but riding with my wife on a beautiful day just brings a new level of happiness to riding!  I figure it will be the same way to ride with my kids too.   6.7 miles of joy.  Luckily I get to be around my wife alot.  I'm pretty lucky. I love my wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment