Saturday, November 16, 2013

Eating and Riding: A few Words for the not so wise - cough cough myself

Eating as you would think goes hand in hand with many things.  Riding your bike just happens to be one of them.  A lack of fuel means problems.  I've had the problem of not properly filling my tank and I again had this problem over the last week while riding in Bakersfield.  I was doing pretty well until the ride was over or shall I say about 3 hours after the ride was over.  I ate some cereal before I went for my ride and grabbed an apple for the trip back.  It was a great ride.  40 miles at a leasurely pace.  I ate my apple as I was homeward bound and felt good.  When I finished I felt pretty worn even though I didn't push the pace at all.  My first mistake - not eating for three almost 4 hours after my ride.  My second mistake - eating way too much delicious heartburning greasy pepperoni pizza from Rosa's Italian Restaurant!!!  The pizza was amazing as usual.  My body about ten minutes after eating half a pizza was not in a good way.  The lesson to be learned here is to eat.  Eat enough, but not too much, eat often and make sure it's the good stuff, not the amazing stuff like pizza.

Yes, I still love Rosa's and highly recommend eating there if you're in Bakersfield.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment