Wednesday, April 9, 2014

a day late and a chance short : no dream bike for me this year

Bicycling Magazine has a contest each year in which one lucky contestant wins a bike.  The bike can be any of the bikes from their editor's choice edition as long as it's $5,000 or less!
This wasn't one of the options to win but I wouldn't mind spending my time riding one of these Diamondback Podium 7 with Sram Red. Notice the similarities with the bike-trike below.
  Don't mind if I do. I found out about this last year after the contest was over and have been waiting anxiously until now.  Now I will have to anxiously wait another year.  The entries were due yesterday the 8th and of course I remembered about it today the 9th.  Was I unprepared? No. 
   This year the contest was to write a parody in 150 words or less of one of the bloggers/writers for Bicycling.  You were supposed to read his blog and write a parody and you also had to send it in.  I did the reading and the writing but oops like a said it is now a day late.  I'm going to share my parody anyway.  You might have to read his blog to get where it's coming from but it's kind of cute in and by itself.  Here it is unedited (I didn't get around to trying to fix it much). 



Tolik’s Tipsy Trike Troubles
 
I would ride forever, but Ma makes me sleep.  My trike gets at least two miles a day.   I carry my bottle in mouth as I ride.  My parents think it’s cute but it’s necessity.  The walls blur as I spin around the kitchen island.  This is my island.  My cousin comes over sometimes to race but I know my route; each angle and stretch.  I swerve deep into each corner, release wide to maintain speed, drinking as I ride, and dive into another turn.  THUD!  The plastic tire smashes into a cupboard door flinging me into my handlebars and to the floor as my trike topples over.  I don’t feel the pain.  I pick up my bottle and take a sip of juice.  I take a step and collapse.  More juice will be my remedy.  Where did I find this bottle? Oh well, I ride again tomorrow. 


Keep spinning and thinking those cycling thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment